What the collection is:
A searchable collection of links to existing lesson plans, units, and supplemental materials on ocean acidification.
How it can be used:
- It can be used by teachers as a starting point to find materials and lessons specific to OA.
- It is a place for teachers to share their experience and make suggestions for improvement and point out needs.
- It is also a place where teachers and their students can ask OA and climate change scientists to answer questions and to help with specific labs they are trying out, through the Ask an Expert page.
- It can be used by curriculum designers to identify gaps where materials are needed.
- It is a place for teachers and curriculum developers to submit curricular materials, through the Material Submission Form.
Teachers are currently evaluating materials in the collection through a rubric process. If you are interested in participating in this evaluation, please get in touch with us.
One of the goals of this collection is to identify gaps and overlap in materials on ocean acidification. If you notice gaps, or know of existing materials to fill the gaps, please email them to us so we can share them with others.
Your feedback is important, and will help us continue to improve the collection and this site. Please submit general comments on our contact page, comments about specific materials under the “Reviews” tab on each material webpage, and submit resources through our material submission form.
We also welcome your feedback through email via oacc [at] suquamish.nsn.us.